Fire Damage Running Througout The Garage
This home suffered extensive damage from a San Fernando fire, which started in the backyard and ended up affecting the whole house. Soot and water were also a huge factor; SERVPRO of Sylmar/San Fernando jumped in and moved out as many contents to be cleaned including valuables and furniture that could be salvaged. We went through the customers garage and thoroughly cleaned and organized it to restore it to its preloss condition. We know this can be a tough time for you and your family, SERVPRO of Sylmar/ San Fernando professionals understand your concerns and are here to answer your questions to the best of our ability.
The American Red Cross has some tips to help prepare for house fires:
- Install the correct number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
- Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know to ways for escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communication plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another.
- Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell “Fire“ to alert everyone that they must get out.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.